- Old Lafayette Village
- PO Box 440, between Rts. 15 and 94, Lafayette 07848 (973) 383-8323.
Recreated Colonial village with a combination of factory outlets, speciality
shops and eateries.
- High Point State Park
- High Point, S. R. 23, Sussex. 12,685 acres,
including the highest point in New Jersey. (973) 875-4800.
- Morristown National Historic Park
Washington Pl., Morristown. Washington's Headquarters, Fort Nonsense and
Jockey Hollow all represent the finest in American Revolutionary Museum
- Speedwell Village
- Speedwell Ave., Morristown. Historic Homestead Farm
where the first telegraph developed. Explore 19th Century lifestyles through
exhibits and restored homes. (973) 540-0211.
- Pequest Trout Hatchery & Natural Resource Education Center
- Oxford, off US 46. A state of the art facility producing over 600,000 trout
annually for NJ's public waters. Visitor center includes exhibit hall,
self-guided tour, picnic area and trails. Open 10 am to 4 pm. Free
- Morris Museum of Arts & Science
- Columbia Turnpike & Normandy Hts. Road,
Morristown. Changing exhibits in the fine arts, science and humanities.
Theatre events, concerts, observatory, live animal gallery.
- Franklin Mineral Museum
- Franklin, Evens Street off Routes 23 & 517.
Mineral displays, rock hunt and show. Wednesday to Sunday.
- Space Farm Zoo & Museum
- 218 Rte. 519, Beemervlle, 07461, Over 200 species of North American
wildlife. Museum of antique cars, horse drawn vehicles, firearms and more.
- Fairy Tale Forest
- 145 Oak Ridge Road, Oak Ridge. Family storyland of
hand-crafted life sized displays.
- Golf Museum
- Route 512, Far Hills. U.S.G.A. museum and library of golf
displays, memorabilia and paintings. (908) 234-2300.
- Shippen Manor
- 8 Belvidere Avenue, Oxford 07863. Tours the 1st and 2nd
Sundays of each month from 1-4 pm excluding holidays; Wed. for groups by
appointment. Donation. (908) 453-4381
- 495 Hwy 202, Flemington. Home of the largest miniature railway
in the world. 2,000 pipe organ, 94 room dollhouse, museum and art gallery.
- Skylands Park
94 Champion Place, Augusta. Home of the New Jersey Cardinals minor league
baseball team and various concerts & shows. (973) 579-7500
DAR Elias Van Bunschooten Museum - 1097 Rte. 23, Wantage 07461 (973)
875-3887. Open May 15-Oct. 15, Thursdays and Saturdays from 1-4 pm. Adlts. -
$2, Chld. $1.
- Appalachian Trail
- National Scenic Trail from Maine to Georgia. New Jersey
section guide & maps available from NY-NJ Trail Conference, 232 Madison
Ave., NY,NY 10016 web site: http://members.aol.com/visitnj/index.html
- Wine Vineyards:
Alba Vineyard - Route 627, Finesville. Wine tasting and tours. Closed
- Tamuzza Vineyards and Winery
- Cemetery Road, Hope. Free wine tasting and
tours. Special events. Open year round, Tuesday-Sunday: 11 am to 6 pm.
- Four Sisters Winery & Matarazzo Farms
- 10 Doe Hollow Lane, Route 519,
Belvidere 07823 (908) 475-3671.Open 7 days. Custom labeling, grape-crushing
parties, picnic facilities,many festivals, farm market.
King's Road Vineyard - RD 2 Box 352 B, Milford 08848 (908) 479-6611. Open
all year, except major holidays: Sat. and Sun. 12 to 5. Guided tours, free
- Matarazzo Farms
- 10 Doe Hollow La., Rt.519, Belvidere. Year round events
include Beaver Creek Powwow, wine festivals and Family Harvest Festival.
- Lakota Wolf Preserve
- 85 Mount Pleasant Rd., Columbia. Experience watching
and listening to packs of Tundra, Timber, and Arctic wolves. Bobcats and
foxes also part of the preserve. Located on the grounds of Camp Taylor
(908) 496-9244 or 1-877-SEEWOLF.
- Mountain Creek Park
- Vernon, 200 SR 94. Water rides, Alpine Slide, Mini
Golf, Winter skiing.
- Waterloo Village
- Exit 25 off Route I-80, Bryam/Stanhope. 19th Century
village filled with colonial crafts. Summer concerts and festivals.
- Moravian Village of Hope
- Hope. Guided walking tours c. 1769, during June
through October $5.00 per person. sponsored by Help Our Preservation Effort,
a non-profit historical organization.
- Top North Crafts, Inc.
Box 689, Blairstown. Call for listing of arts and crafts shows in your area
at County Fairs, malls, hotels, schools, villages and more.
- Sterling Hill Mine & Museum
- 30 Plant Street, Ogdensburg. Go
underground & tour what was a working zinc mine. Visit the 5,000 sq.
ft. exhibit hall at this unique mineralogical site
- Wild West City
- Netcong. Watch gun fights; ride ponies or a stage coach;
visit the Golden Nugget Saloon. (973) 347-8900.
- Kittatinny Canoes
Dingman's Ferry, PA. Delaware River canoe, kayak & rafting trips.
- Land Of Make Believe
Great Meadows Road, Route 611, Hope. Children's theme park. (908) 459-5100.
- MacCulloch Hall Historical Museum
45 MacCulloch Ave., Morristown. Classic drawings of Thomas Nast; Display of
18th & 19th Century furniture and decorative arts.
- Liberty Village Factory Outlets
- Church Street, Flemington. Over 65
famous brand outlets. For free brochure: (908) 782-8550.
- Sussex County Fair Grounds
- Home of the Sussex County Horse & Farm Show and
NJ State Fair, the largest of its kind in the State, Aug. 3-13, Springfest
Œ01, March 23-25, International Food & Music Festival '01, May 19.
- Picatinny Arsenal
- Jefferson, off Rt 15. Site of forge during Revolutionary
War producing cannon balls for Gen. Washington.