- NEW JERSEY TRANSIT
- Somerset County is served primarily by NJ Transit bus and rail lines.
- NJ Transit Rail Service
- The Raritan Valley Line offers service east to Hoboken, Newark/NYC Penn Stations, from stops in the central part of the county, west to High Bridge, NJ.
The Gladstone Branch of the Morris and Essex Line provides service to Hoboken, NJ, and Penn Station, NY, through the Midtown Direct rail connection. Service is provided from stops in the northern part of the county directly to Penn Station, NY, and ferry or PATH service to various points in Manhattan from Hoboken
- NJ Transit Bus Service
- New Jersey Transit 117 Express provides service from Somerville to the Port Authority in NYC.
- New Jersey Transit 65/66 bus from Bridgewater Commons to Newark has stops through the eastern/central part of the county.
- New Jersey Transit 114 bus runs from Bridgewater Commons to the Port Authority in NYC through eastern portions of the county.
- New Jersey Transit 605 bus serves Orchard Road in Montgomery Twp. to Quakerbridge Mall in Lawrence Twp.
- Plainfield Transit 822 bus runs from North Plainfield to Plainfield, with stops at major regional facilities.
- New Jersey Transit 884 Wheels bus serves Somerville Borough west to Clinton, with stops at Raritan Valley Community College, the Bridgewater Commons Mall, industrial parks, Whitehouse Rail Station and the Clinton Park/Ride.
OTHER REGIONAL BUS SERVICE
OTHER LOCAL BUS SERVICE
- Lakeland Buslines
- operates service from the northern part of the county to the Port Authority in NYC.
- Trans Bridge Lines
- goes east to the Port Authority in New York and Kennedy International Airport, from Branchburg Township and west to Bethlehem, Pa.
- Susquehanna Trailways Bus Lines
- from central Pennsylvania to NYC, with stops in Somerset County.
- Suburban Transit New York Express.
- Service from Princeton through southeastern Somerset County to the New York Port Authority Bus Terminal via Route 27.
- Suburban Transit Local Service.
- Service to Princeton from southeastern portions of Somerset County along Rt. 27. Also stops at Middlesex Mall in South Plainfield and the Dunellen rail station.
- Martz Trailways.
- Service east to the Port Authority in NYC, and west to central/eastern portions of Pennsylvania.
- SCOOT, DASH & CAT Bus Services.
- The Somerset County Transportation Division offers shuttle bus service via its SCOOT, DASH (Davidson Avenue Shuttle) and CAT (Community Access Transit) routes.
- Ridewise of Raritan Valley,
- the local Transportation Management Association (TMA), provides local ridesharing information.
- Interstate Highways include I-78 and I-287
- providing regional access to Newark, New York City and eastern Pennsylvania.
- State Highways 22, 27, 28, 202 and 206
- provide access to points within and outside Somerset County.
The County has three general aviation airports located in the north, central and southern portions of Somerset County.
A fourth airport is located in neighboring Hunterdon County:
- Central Jersey Regional Airport.
- Manville. Rentals, rides, instruction.
- Princeton Airport.
- US Hwy. 206, Montgomery Twp. Air taxi service, rentals, sightseeing rides, instruction.
- Somerset Airport
- Airport Rd., Bedminster. Charters, corporate contracts, instruction.
- Solberg Airport
- Thor Solberg Rd., Readington Twp. Authorized Cessna Pilot Center and Service Center. Instruction, maintenance, rentals and Discovery Flights. Annual Balloon Festival in July.
The Somerset County Public Information Office | Somerset County Page
Updated Feb 13, 2012
© 1996 - 2012, Somerset County Public Information Office, beachcomber.com